Saturday, September 18, 2010

ROAD TRIP!

Am just returning from a week long road trip checking out all things Vermont. 


Things I learned on my road trip:

1)    I do not have the driving stamina I used too.  Since my longest trip is usually 20 - 30 minutes on a city bus, the three hours to Brattleboro was rough!  Thanks goodness rest stops in VT have free Green Mountain Coffee complete with cream and sugar of course, ‘cause I am on vacation!

2)    Wherever I go, there I am.  I thought being in Vermont would inspire me to be healthy, but not the case.  I still wanna smoke cigarettes, eat onion rings (with ranch) and cruise to the corner store for anything made by little debbie/hostess.  In San Francisco, I have rules for this kind of stuff:  junk food on laundry day, mountain dew when shit really hits the fan and cigarettes at night and/or with Jenn.  Here, there are no rules…

3)    I still (and will probably always) love beer.



4)    Having a state mental hospital adds a certain energy to a place.  There seemed to be more people walking around talking to themselves than any other area of Vermont I have visited thus far.  Initially, I chalked it up to long winters and needing someone to talk too, but a quick drive by “Brattleboro Retreat” made things pretty clear…

5)    Traveling solo gets various responses from people ranging from pity to jealousy to inspiration.  The key is to not get caught up in any of them and just have your own damn experience. 



PS  It is really starting to feel like fall!

1 comment:

  1. i love you dearly + miss you madly! love love love hearing about your journey + thinking of you every day!

    ReplyDelete