Monday, December 20, 2010

Don’t Stop Believin’

Am back in SF and having sufficiently checked out multiple “hot spots” in US, I have decided to set-up shop here…That’s right, I am staying, despite the horrible dating scene, high cost of living and lack of employment opportunities for the monolingual.  And I will persevere…

With prompting from a friend, I decided to bite the bullet and post some pics to my Okcupid account and good thing, ‘cause in the last year and a half that I have had the account, I have gotten no messages or responses to my winks/seemingly witty attempts at flirting (which, I might add, I used to be good at…).  So, after posting a pic a friend of mine referred to as “Beach Bimbo” I got 18 messages in one day!  Granted most were from 60 year-old men or dudes with goatees from some place called Vacaville.  But today finally, I got a message from a nice-ish looking corporate attorney.  He said he thought my profile was funny and well, he’s right.  So I decided to write him back which led to a day full of pseudo-flirtatious emails.  Maybe this online dating thing isn’t so bad… 

No comments:

Post a Comment